The class of 2020 is facing an extremely uncertain job market. AIGA San Antonio wants to help by connecting emerging designers with local design leaders to give them a leg up in positioning themselves strongly in the search for a job. Let’s round up those portfolios for a virtual review on Saturday, June 6th, 2020 from 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM
Review sessions are 25 minutes during which graduating students will be paired up with professionals to show and talk about their work and receive guidance. Our experienced reviewers will provide honest feedback on design work and suggestions to help sharpen portfolio presentations.
Registration Closes June 2nd, 2020
- Your portfolio should be digital (Any format works, but here are some options: PDF, Behance, website, scans)
- You will be able to share your screen or a link during the Zoom event.
- No need to download Zoom (on desktop) or even sign up for an account (Zoom web client)
- We are taking all the precautions to make this Zoom meeting a safe one for everyone.Webcam encouraged (the face-to-face experience is still important)
- Reviews will be 25 minutes each
- Take screenshots and post to social media and tag @aiga_sa #portfolioRodeo (Insta, Facebook, Twitter)
- Giving and receiving reviews can be tough, here’s some good advice for both sides of the screen
Event Agenda and Zoom Setup
- 12:00 – 12:15 | Participants Welcome & Instruction Presentation
- Introduction presentation & icebreaker while we wait for everyone to join
- 12:15 PM | Review Time!
- AIGA SA will notify all breakout rooms of start/end times
(Zoom broadcast message to rooms)
- At the end of the session, participants go back to the main room
- 12:15 – 12:50 | Session 1
- 12:50 – 12:55 | Short Break
- 12:55 – 1:20 | Session 2
- 1:20 – 1:25 | Short Break
- 1:25 – 1:45 | Session 3
- 1:45 – 1:15 | Long Break
- 1:15 – 1:30 | Session 4
- 1:30 – 1:35 | Short Break
- 1:35 – 1:55 | Session 5
- 1:55 – 2:00 | Short Break
- 2:00 – 2:25 | Session 6
- 2:25 – 2:50 | Feedback, Closing & Thank you!
Are you a designer with 5+ years of experience wanting to be a reviewer?
Become a Reviewer
Special Accommodations and Questions
If you need special accommodations or have any questions about the event, please send us an email or message us on social. ( Insta, Facebook, Twitter )
This virtual portfolio review is a pilot and details may change as the event evolves and finalizes, we’ll absolutely keep you informed