Since our inception in 2010, our core intent has been to bring AIGA’s national mission of “advancing design as a professional craft, strategic tool and vital cultural force” to San Antonio. As the 66th and newest chapter to the national AIGA family, AIGA San Antonio is beginning to find its legs and plant a stake in the community. As we are still a growing chapter, we want to reach out to anyone who might be interested in AIGA and is looking to get involved.
Our current Board of Directors is made up of eight dedicated volunteers and it is ever growing. Five of our Directors lead a Team of individuals in planning and executing ideas throughout their terms. Below you will find an overview of each of our Teams. I hope you will read through them and consider taking a leadership role in our organization. We are always excited to meet passionate individuals who want to get involved. Don’t hesitate to introduce yourself! No matter where your interests may lie, we can find a place for you and your passion.
- Coming up with exciting ideas for our yearly event calendar and working to execute the events
- Inviting and hosting lecturers and event guests
- Designing materials related to Event Promotion (series logos, posters, etc.)
- Coming up with creative campaigns to recruit and maintain members
- Develop membership brochures and other chapter communication materials (print and online)
- Meeting and greeting guests at chapter events, building relationships with members and future members
- Helping the chapter identify and form partnerships with businesses for upcoming events and initiatives
- Helping create a printed sponsorship kit, highlighting the benefits of partnering with AIGA San Antonio
- Making connections with other professional organizations in San Antonio for cross programming ideas
- Promoting events and initiatives on our website and social media.
- Generating, and sharing content on our website blog and social media feeds about the design industry locally and nationally.
- Making connections with local media to partner with and help promote our local chapter.
- developing strategies and events catered to our Student membership base to help maintain and grow student involvement
- coming up with ideas for potential design mentorship programs for students to learn about the design industry
- working with students and faculty at local institutions to build AIGA student chapters and promote collaboration between schools